- ‘RAF Station Honington’ Travel Mug
- The ideal gift for serving personnel and veterans and everyone that likes to honour those that served.
Made from Stainless Steel and clad with bamboo, this ‘RAF Station Honington’ travel mug is reusable and long lasting.
Station motto: Pro anglia valens (Valiant for England)
RAF Honington opened in 1937, and through WWII hosted a number of RAF and USAF squadrons.
During the Cold War, it became a main ‘V Bomber’ base flying first the Vickers Valiant, and then the Handley-Page Victor. After the Victor Squadrons left Honington in 1965, it became home to the Blackburn Buccaneer until 1981 when the various Squadrons relocated to RAFG and Lossiemouth.
In 1982 Honington became home to the first Tornado Squadron, IX (B) Sqn.
In the post war period, Honington was home to a single RAF Regiment Squadron, until 1994 when it became the RAF Regiment Depot.
Honington now hosts 3 front line Regiment Squadrons: 1, 15 and 27 Sqns, 2623 Sqn RAuxF Regiment, Force Protection HQ and RAF Regiment Training Wing.